Thursday 20 November 2014

Chaos and order complete


 


So here we are - the final piece for Chaos and Order.  Handed in last Monday after a weekend of fiddly soldering!  I decided to start again in silver only. 

The prongs caused a few problems - I'm realising how tricky it can be to set large pieces of resin.  However, eventually I worked them into place and the resin is securely held.

view of the troublesome prongs.

 
 
So here is the finished piece in its presentation box.  I spent the weekend agonising over the design - I'm happy with the look of it, but if I were to do it again I think I would try making the resin piece shallower.  There are plenty of ideas to develop.
 
I am happy with it.. especially the detailing, e.g. the flat piece ending the chain hanging down from the T-bar fastening.  It is reticulated silver and came up looking interesting on both sides.  I finished it all by running a burnisher around the edges. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment