So here we are - the final piece for Chaos and Order. Handed in last Monday after a weekend of fiddly soldering! I decided to start again in silver only.
The prongs caused a few problems - I'm realising how tricky it can be to set large pieces of resin. However, eventually I worked them into place and the resin is securely held.
|view of the troublesome prongs.|
So here is the finished piece in its presentation box. I spent the weekend agonising over the design - I'm happy with the look of it, but if I were to do it again I think I would try making the resin piece shallower. There are plenty of ideas to develop.
I am happy with it.. especially the detailing, e.g. the flat piece ending the chain hanging down from the T-bar fastening. It is reticulated silver and came up looking interesting on both sides. I finished it all by running a burnisher around the edges.