Thursday 12 November 2015

experiments and developments

Our experimental techniques project is creeping to a close.

My favourite bit so far was playing around with the laser cutter - using images I repeated on Photoshop and then laser cut onto more photos. 

I've become obsessed with the text and numbers on each floor of our college. The building must be from the late '60s and the font is of that era.  It's got great shapes and sparked off lots of ideas through playing with repetition and mirroring. 











 I forgot about these in the kiln for a good while - started soldering something else... and they were fried, but although black and scaly I thought they looked great.







Mmm, textures...I didn't use the wooden sample in the final piece - I wasn't quite satisfied with the pattern.  A bit too regular, perhaps?  Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment