Friday 18 September 2015

Interchangeable brooch

I'm getting excited about enamelling again... here I've made a simple shape with prongs out of silver rectangular wire.  I chose a triangle... and made each side a different length. 

First step - cutting strips of wire and straightening them out:



This was the point when I realised an equilateral triangle would have been much simpler.  Or better still, a circle?  I carried on - and after much filing got a reasonably good meet.


After soldering - not bad!
Just needed a bit of a straighten and clean up.  Now to work out where to put the prongs:



Only broke one drill bit... :-).  Now for a few sample shapes:








First set of sample shapes fired in with a coat of flux - ready for enamelling next week.  Can't wait to try a few new techniques on them!






No comments:

Post a Comment