Tuesday 29 September 2015

Playing a building

 our set-up... good acoustics in the cloisters

This weekend brought a few new experiences - for one, it's the first time I have been inside Paisley Abbey.  I've been asked to take part in a musical project there with Tut Vu Vu, surrounding a screening of Wings of Desire.  What a venue! 











 The highlight was playing around on the organ. We listened in on the organist practicing and had a play too.  One lifetime's dream fulfilled!




Had a walk on Sunday with two of my favourite people, exploring our neighbourhood.  We discovered a great spot for tea - the vegetable garden at Holmwood House, designed by Alexander 'Greek' Thomson.  Must go back for a proper nose around.








On Saturday I played with the Barrow Band at the Belgrave Hall Real Food Fair, in Leicester.  We had a brief look around the church - I loved the bell tower with its plaques to commemorate the ringers - and swear box!

No comments:

Post a Comment